Hotel Grand Ferdinand

Client
Area
Location
Year

Metamorphose

On the Ringstrasse, Vienna’s Gründerzeit boulevard, post-war modernist buildings like this one are an exception. Built as an office building for Veitscher Magnesitwerke from 1951-1954, it is protected as a landmark building. During the reconstruction, two wings were demolished and rebuilt, the internal structure adapted and the elegant stone facade restored and furnished with a sophisticated lighting concept. Restaurants and a roof area with a pool contribute to the hotel’s position as one of the grand houses on the ring.
credits

Architecture: Atelier Heiss ZT GmbH
Lighting Design: LICHTblick – Erich Stifter
Photos: Peter Burgstaller, Hotel Grand Ferdinand
Cookie Consent Banner by Real Cookie Banner