Palais Wellenstein

Client
Area
Location
Year

Newborn Classicism

Constructed between 1871 and 1872 as part of Vienna’s Ringstraße expansion, HAUS WEISS VON WELLENSTEIN, designed by Heinrich von Ferstel, originally served as a rental property. Today, it has been meticulously refurbished and transformed into a modern office building, with special emphasis placed on preserving and restoring its historic features, both inside and out. Notably, the entrance hall with its columns and intricate coffered ceiling has been authentically renovated. Additionally, the façade, with its ornate portal featuring stone carvings by Franz Melnitzky, has been carefully restored to its former glory.
credits

Architecture: Atelier Heiss ZT GmbH
Lighting Design: VEST Leuchten e.U. – Elisabeth Csernohorszky
Photos: Peter Burgstaller
Cookie Consent Banner by Real Cookie Banner